Saturday, April 2, 2011

RIP Hedgehog


As I was arriving at my family’s house yesterday on my walk home from school, the little kids all raced inside. I sat down and they came out holding an adorable hedgehog!! I love hedgehogs (as I do all pets) and was super excited. I told them I love those (don’t know the word for hedgehog) and asked to hold it…..they seemed confused and plopped it into my lap. It looked sick, so I said, ‘oh, I think it’s sick.’

Barakatou responded, ‘No, it’s dead.’

Ew.

So, later last night….I ate hedgehog. (tastes similar to forest rat – agouti). I feel bad, but I don’t refuse food, especially from my family and especially meat, that’s kind of a big deal.


PS: Never occurred to me that hedgehogs live in the wild. They live in my forest!

No comments:

Post a Comment